COVID-19 Estimates of CARES Act Hospital Relief Payments
Toyon is pleased to provide this interactive model estimating hospital relief payments from the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund (PHSSEF). These hospital relief payment estimates are for discussion purposes only. This model includes estimated amounts from the $50bn general allocation, $12bn High Impact (with estimated hospital admissions and DSH portion isolated) and rural hospital funding. HHS is dispersing actual funds using tax documentation and is collecting information from Sole Proprietor/Disregarded Entities (LLC). HHS published a user guide here.
Please contact Robert Howey at 925.685.9312, ext. 3147 / firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
There are 7 distinct pages of analytics that can be navigated via the arrows at the bottom center of the visuals. For best viewing, we recommend expanding analysis to full screen by selecting the expansion arrows in the lower right-hand corner.
– Medicare FY 2019/2020 IPPS DRG Impact File (Updated for Correction Notice)
– FFY 2019 Final Rule Standard Operating (Labor and Non-Labor) and Capital Rates
– FFY 2019 Final Rule Post-Reclassified Wage Index Factor
– Medicare discharges from Medicare cases for the provider from the FY 2018 MedPAR, March 2019 update
– Medicare case mix index from the transfer adjusted Case Mix Index under Grouper V37 and FY 2020 Post-Acute Transfer Policy
– All add-ons and adjustments from this file (DSH, IME, etc) are included and be turned “on and off” on tab 2 “File Notes”
2. Estimated Outpatient Payments for Acute Care Hospitals
– Outpatient Medicare FFS payments using 2020 NFRM OPPS Facility-Specific Impacts from the CMS website.
– Worksheet E Series settlement data for Sub-providers and all other hospital types: critical access, skilled nursing, psychiatric, rehabilitation, cancer, children’s hospitals, dialysis and rural health clinics
– Net Patient Service Revenue from worksheet G-3, line 3, column 1
– Total Patient Days from worksheet S-3, Part I, column 8.