CARES Act Funding – Next Round of $50 BILLION and Eligibility
Funding Eligibility Deadline is Before Midnight PT Thursday, April 23.
Next Round of $50 billion in CARES Act Funding – Action Required
HHS is preparing to release the next round of relief from the CARES Act funding. For payment eligibility, particularly related to HHS’s $10 billion targeted distribution, hospitals are to provide HHS the following information:
- Total number of Intensive Care Unit beds as of April 10, 2020
- Total number of admissions with a positive diagnosis for COVID-19 from January 1, 2020 to April 10, 2020
- National Provider Identifier(s)
- Tax Identification Number(s)
This round of CARES Act funding includes:
- $20 billion general allocation based on 2018 net patient revenue. HHS will begin disbursing weekly payments to “Medicare facilities and providers” starting April 24.
- $10 billion targeted allocation to hospitals in areas excessively impacted by COVID-19. Hospitals should apply for a portion of these funds by providing four data points as stated above.
- $10 billion allocation for rural providers. Funds will be distributed using operating expenses to allocate amounts to each provider as early as the week of April 27.
- $400 million allocation for Indian Health Services
Funds will be distributed using operating expenses to allocate amounts to each provider as early as the week of April 27.
HHS e-mailed this one page document to your organization’s site administrator with additional information. For clarification on who within your organization received this notification, or if you have questions about the registration process, please contact TeleTracking Technical Support at 877-570-6903.
Uninsured COVID-19 Reimbursement
Every provider treating uninsured COVID-19 patients on or after February 4, 2020, can request claims reimbursement through this Program and will be reimbursed at Medicare rates, subject to available funding. On April 27, 2020, providers can register for this Program and begin submitting claims in early May 2020.
Please contact Robert Howey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.514.9312 with any questions.