IACS – Migration of IACS Services to EIDM
From: HFS Software News Release – 1/23/15
Health Financial Systems Note:
CMS posted the following to their website regarding a switch from IACS to EIDM (Enterprise Identity Management System) which is to take effect February 7, 2015. The important thing to know is that no new registrations or profile changes can take place in IACS after 5 pm. on January 30, 2015. PLEASE READ and take appropriate action.
This important message applies only to current users of the following applications: Bundle Payments EFT, COB, CPCi, CSR, ECRS, Gentran, HPG, Internet Server (TIBCO), MAPD (MARx UI), MDR, MED, myCGS, Novitasphere, PS&R, STAR, The SPOT (FCSO) and VMS CL IACS Services for your application will be moving to the Enterprise Identity Management System (EIDM) on February 9, 2015. In preparation for the move no new user registrations or profile modifications will be accepted after 5:00 PM on January 30, 2015.
What you should DO!
- DO make sure that you know your User ID and Password. Your User ID and Password will be moved “as is” on January 30 after 5:00 PM. You should be certain that you know your User ID and Password AND that you can successfully login to IACS before 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
- DO reset your password if you think that your password might expire between January 30 and February 9, 2015.
- DO work with your Application Helpdesk to get any pending request approved before 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
- DO review your profile and ensure that all information is correct prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
What you should NOT do!
- DO NOT register for a new User ID in IACS if it cannot be approved prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015
- DO NOT register for a new User ID in EIDM! This will only complicate moving your IACS User ID to EIDM!
- DO NOT make changes to your user profile or submit a request of any type that cannot be approved prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
PS&R and STAR Security Officials: If you are requesting the IACS Security Official (SO) role, please note, that your request will expire if the required IRS documentation is not submitted within 60 days of your request. Allow time for processing and if you know that your request will expire, please contact EUS before the 60 day deadline.
Do not disclose or lend your User ID AND/OR PASSWORD to someone else. They are for your use only and serve as your electronic signature. This means that you will be held responsible for the consequences of unauthorized or illegal transactions. Sharing of accounts may lead to termination of system access privileges and /or adverse action up to and including legal prosecution.